LessonsWe offer lessons from a variety of seasoned teachers. Lessons are offered daily during operating hours. Please contact us if you are interested in lessons 303-484-1271. We offer weekly and monthly lesson rates.
- Electric Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
- Pedal Steel
I've been playing guitar for 16 years and have been teaching and performing professionally 100% since I graduated from University of Northern Colorado with a degree in jazz guitar in 2017. I've taught hundreds of students in Northern Colorado (both independently and at guitar shops) before moving down to Denver in July of 2020
• 2010 – Present
• Performed and toured countless times across the country as a freelance musician — performing rock, jazz, funk, indie, and solo guitar
• 3-week tour of the Northeast and Midwest in direct support of Delta Sleep (UK) in 2019
• 2 week co-headlining tour of Southwest and West Coast in 2020
• Performed in headlining slots at multiple Colorado music festivals with rock and funk bands
• 2015 – Present
• Fosters an encouraging learning environment, that places special value on creativity and expression
• Has taught hundreds of students in Colorado, as well as across the country through online lessons
• Began teaching at Music Depot in Greeley (2017-Current)
• Taught at the Bohemian Nights Foundation Music District in Fort Collins and moved my roster of students online when the organization stopped offering lessons (2018-2021/Current)
• Tailors lessons to specific needs of students and never recycles approach
• Can teach different styles of guitar-playing, 100% comfortable in beginner to professional level rock, indie/alternative rock, blues, jazz, funk, metal, and beginner to intermediate level classical settings
• Emphasizes the application of basic information in increasingly difficult paradigms to reinforce a concept's foundation, as well as the development of self-teaching skills and processes
• Emphasizes songwriting and improvisation
• Able to teach sight-reading of notation and chord charts
David has been a musician since the age of six beginning on piano, then playing woodwinds in school (flute, saxophone, clarinet), and finally his main instrument guitar (since 1996, theory, songwriting/composition, improvisation, classical, electric (rock, blues, experimental, ambient, jazz), and steel-string (folk, American, country, fingerstyle)). David also is a young maestro playing the classical music of northern India since 2003, having studied within the preeminent Maihar Gharana on sarod with Ustad Aashish Khan and Pandit Rajeev Taranath and earlier on sitar with Ustad Roshan Jamal Bhartiya. He attended the University of Colorado (Phi Beta Kappa honors, EPO Biology ’08) and received a BFA performer/composer degree from California Institute of the Arts in 2008.
Music pedagogy has been an important part of David’s life both as a devoted lifelong student of broad musical interests and as a teacher first offering guitar lessons to students in 2003. He has taught lessons, classes, and workshops in California and Colorado for schools, educational organizations, and as a private instructor. David fosters enjoyment of music and practice by tailoring repertoire and selection of pieces for practice for each student, or by supplementing a student’s choice of musical repertoire and style with further and deeper exploration thereof. Lessons and assignments emphasize:
- development of good technique,
- facilitating understanding of the fundamentals of music theory and
- musicianship as applicable (if desired),
- close listening and ear training to foster and support musical growth, musical improvement, and enjoyment of playing, practice, and music,
- instilling good habits and tools for the practice of practicing music,
- utilizing students’ strengths and tailoring lessons and take homework to address areas where improvement will benefit students on their individual path,
- and teaching students to be good learners with their own tools, skills, and knowledge for continued growth and improvement beyond lessons.
MASTERS IN MUSIC PERFORMANCE | 2019-2021 | UNIVERSITY OFWYOMING
Dan is a multi-instrumentalist living in Boulder, CO. Over the past decade, he has performed in a variety of bands and styles on guitar, dobro, and pedal steel. As a performer he focuses on jazz, gypsy jazz, and bluegrass. Dan holds a Master’s degree in jazz guitar performance from the University of Wyoming where he studied under Ryan Fourt (guitarist) and Ben Markley (pianist).