2004-2007 Set of 3 Martin Felix Limited Edition Little Martin’s
|Manufacturer #:||Felix Little Martin|
Add to Cart
- Tie Die MKII Second Release S/N MG59415 Felix III
- Black and White First Release S/N MG43406 #351/625 Felix II
- Red and White First Release S/N MG21924 #637/756 Felix II
This model was a special limited edition for 2004. The artwork was a creation of Don Oriolo, the son of Joe Oriolo who created Felix the Cat. These are very rare guitars and a very unusual commemorative series by Martin. All were built in Mexico. The three are all in excellent condition with the original gig bags and 2 have tags. The Martin “The Sounding Board” Volume 16, Jan 2004 is also included. There is also a Don Oriolo graphic.
Number 2 and 3 are from the original series of 3 models from 2004.
The Tie Dye version was the third FeLiX the Cat LX model Martin offered. Unlike the first FeLiX model from 2004 and the FeLiX II that followed it in 2006, this version was not a Limited Edition. 1000 were sold between its introduction in 2007 and 2010. This example is in nearly perfect condition, with zero fret wear, and comes with its original gig bag with embroidered Felix the Cat logo. As with the other FeLiX models, the art for this one is from the studio of Don Oriolo, son of Felix the Cat cartoon co-originator Joe Oriolo. The paper label visible through the soundhole is signed by Don Oriolo.
- Body size: Modified "O" - 14 fret
- Top: High-pressure laminate (HPL) with custom Felix III design
- Top bracing pattern: Modified X Series X
- Top braces: Crowned cross brace and graphite bowtie plate
- Back and side material: HPL
- Neck material: Natural stratabond
- Neck shape: Modified low oval
- Nut material: Black corian
- Headstock: Solid/square taper
- Headplate: Custom Felix III design w/ printed logo
- Fingerboard material: Black micarta
- Scale length: 23"
- No. of frets clear: 14
- No. of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16"
- Fngerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/16"
- Bridge material: Black micarta
- Bridge style: Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8"
- Saddle: 16" radius/compensated/black tusq
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Cosmo, black
- Bridge and end pins: Black w/ white dots
- Includes Felix gig bag
Interior labels all signed by Don Oriolo